Polymorph is one of the most useful materials for model making and prototyping.
This polymer has all the characteristics of a tough engineering material yet it fuses and becomes easily mouldable at just 62°C.
It can be heated with hot water or a hairdryer and moulded by hand to create prototypes and solve manufacturing problems.
Polymorph can be reused simply by reheating it.
The material can also be coloured when soft by adding a small amount of food dye.
Uses for Polymorph include:
- Moulding of handles and orthopaedic aids
- Vacuum forming moulds
- Moulds for batch producing other mouldings
- Prototype mechanical parts
- Armatures / frames for models
- Inserts for compliant products
- Specialised components – e.g. motor mountings
- Moulding of complete products – e.g. torches
- Joining components together
Supplied in a resealable tub.
Ideal as a gift or as a permanent store for your polymorph.
Polymorph may be coloured using food dyes.
The polymorph is first fused and then the powder is added and worked in mechanically by hand.
Although a labour–intensive process, this is about the only one available at present.